Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Belles are back in force at LCO!

I am back at LCO for the first time since November of 2019!
I spent many virtual nights here via Zoom and screen sharing during the Covid-19 pandemic, but MagAO-X is back on the telescope and its high telemetry rate and complicated interface make remote observing nearly impossible. So, I had a good excuse, I mean reason, to come back! 

And we have had quite the belle domination since I got here -- five women! Let me introduce some of them: 

 ***Jialin Li, a new graduate student on the team from University of Arizona See her first MagAO-X blog post here. Check out the photo she posted on her blog post with two of the other female students here.




























***Eden McEwen, also a new graduate student on the team of University of Arizona See her first MagAO-X blog post here

 ***Avalon McLeod, a master's student in optical sciences at University of Arizona See her first MagAO-X blog post here. 

***And returning for her 3rd run at LCO: Logan Pearce, a graduate student in astronomy at University of Arizona and the only one of us to have actually submitted MagAO-X results for publication (go Logan!) and taker of Viscacha videos extraordinaire!  See her posts here and here, complete with said videos. 

And I make number 5. Though I think you can add the ages of two of these students and not get to mine.

 Here are Logan, Eden, and Avalon stalking the Viscacha family:
I blogged over at MagAO-X yesterday, so read about "Dripping not KLIPping" there.

No comments:

Post a Comment